Tuesday, January 3, 2012

At least I have a good excuse.

That first post was pretty lame. It was late, my husband interrupted me, I needed to just DO. Something. So I claimed "creating a blog" for Day 1. LAME.

The reality is that I was so busy on Jan. 1, I didn't have time to make anything. Well, that's not quite true. I made some memories, I made something new for dinner, and I made several spontaneous decisions. It was the spontaneity that kept me busy, in a good way.

First off, I woke up early; our New Year's Eve plans had gone bust because of the weather and my husband's (refusal/inability/lack of desire? Any and all of these apply) to drive in a little bit of snow. So, no late-late party for us. Which meant I was up in time to attend the Polar Dash 5k/10k/half-marathon in which a couple of my friends competed. Spontaeous activity #1! It was cold and windy along the Mississippi River, watching hundreds of people run and walk. I found a great viewing spot, along with a race volunteer and two other race supporters; we chatted and cheered the runners; I even got a hug and a kiss from my friend Mikey as he raced past. We also saw a GIANT bird of prey (we couldn't tell if it was a hawk or an eagle), flying over the river. All in all, an unusual but fun way to start the year, and definitely memorable!

Spontaneous activities #2 - I went to see "The Artist" with some friends, after a New Year's Day open house. Lovely, lovely film; such a beautiful take on the boy meets girl/boy loses girl/girl saves boy storyline. And the movie night led to pizza and drinks at a local pub - spontaneous activity #3. OMG, the Oh My God Totally Pesto Pizza lived up to its name!

I got off my ass, I did some things, and I enjoyed the day. So either the rest of my year will suck in comparison, or this was simply the first of many spontaneous days in 2012. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment