Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dangerous, indeed

I'm still here, and still creating.


Yes, they're old
I made new slipper socks on Wednesday; my poor, tired, old slipper socks just aren't cutting it anymore, especially now that our Minnesota winter has finally shown up.  Also, I had to chase the dog back inside, and realized these just aren't outdoor footwear!
This was another super-simple project, just some polar fleece, cut to fit my feet and serged together.  I put Jiffy Grip on the bottoms, for some anti-skid protection.  Easy peasy for toasty tootsies!



Now, on Thursday I created a mini-economic boon in downtown White Bear Lake - well, at two stores, anyway.  I had some birthday money, and I needed a new purse.  Also, my son's band concert was Thursday evening, so I knew I wouldn't get anything of substance done.

I did start a quick knitting project - a pair of lacy fingerless mitts from Jane Austen Knits.  And I needed a skein of beautiful red alpaca/silk yarn for this project.  That was my other purchase on Thursday, at the Sheepy Yarn Shoppe.  I finished one mitt as my Friday project, and will get the other one underway shortly.  Hopefully, the pair will be my Friday project, but I'm ushering at the opening night performance of Dangerous Liaisons at Torch Theatre, in Minneapolis.  I was hoping to wear the mitts tonight; even if that doesn't happen, I'll be wearing my red velvet shrug.  Something lovely to wear to a play full of lovely costumes.


No comments:

Post a Comment