Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hot toddy & the 7 Dwarfs

I almost forgot about my Tuesday creation.   By which I mean, I almost forgot to post it.  The head cold fog that I'm in is wreaking havoc with my schedule; I keep forgetting what day it is.

yes, those are the 7 Dwarfs
Anyway, after three days of theater work, on three different plays, I needed to keep it simple, see?  Also, I needed something I could work on while medicating with a hot toddy.


I got home from my Shakespeare rehearsal, mixed a medicinal toddy, dug around in my craft supplies, and found.....wooden beads.  In a variety of shapes and sizes, that seemed to just scream "bead doll" at me (maybe it was the drink, or the Dwarfs that were screaming, who knows?).  Even though I really wanted to make something with an owl, I just didn't have the brain power to come up with a concept.  Maybe next week.


I used black wire to string the beads together, which took a little effort with the large body bead; it didn't have as wide an opening as the other beads, but I was eventually successful.  Once the doll was complete, she just seemed female to me, so I added a little purple yarn for hair.


Finding a place to display her was another challenge; she doesn't stand up on her own.  There is extra wire at the top of her head, but I didn't want to hang her, that just looked... wrong.  She's actually rigged to the plate hanger wire, balanced in place on a shelf with some other tchotckes.  She doesn't seem to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment